Fort Wayne Philharmonic Friends
Behind every successful symphony orchestra there is an energetic, committed and active group of volunteers. The Fort Wayne Philharmonic Friends consistently take the role of innovative leaders in supporting and promoting the orchestra.
The purpose of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic Friends is to support the orchestra, to discover and encourage musical talent, and to promote musical education for people of all ages. Enthusiastic and dedicated volunteers are the core of the Philharmonic Friends. Throughout the season, they provide a place for everyone in their talented and creative group of music lovers. Your time, talent, and financial support are welcome in all areas of service.
Annual Membership Dues:
- Student - $10
- Individuals - $40
- Families - $60
- Benefactor - $75
BECOME A MEMBER
- Bus Trips to Midwest musical performances and art shows.
- Donations appreciated to support our all volunteer organization.
- Providing snacks for Philharmonic Masterworks rehearsals.
- Hosting visiting musicians.
INTRUMENT LOAN PROGRAM
Nationally recognized program loaning various sized string instruments and limited brass & woodwind instruments to Northeast Indiana children.
• Over 200 instruments available each year
• Affordable yearly maintenance fee with family discounts available.
Interactive instrument experience 1-hour prior to each Fort Wayne Philharmonic Family concert.
• Experience and play orchestral instruments.
• Make a musical craft.
INSTRUMENT PLAYGROUND AT HOME
Start your musical journey to create and find other instruments in your home!
Instrument Playground At Home
Free event prior to all Fort Wayne Philharmonic Masterworks concerts hosted by Associate Conductor Caleb Young.
Enjoy entertaining insights into the upcoming performance with soloist and special guest interviews.
Venue expense provided by the Friends.
YOUTH SYMPHONY SUPPORT
• $3000 Tuition Fund
• $500 Senior Player Scholarships
PHILHARMONIC FRIENDS STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship gives financial aid to promising elementary and/or secondary orchestral instrument/vocal students who need assistance in meeting the cost of private lessons for coming 2021-22 academic year. Scholarships will be awarded for two (2) or more lessons depending on the need, merit and number of students applying. Please download the Scholarship Description form below for more information and eligibility requirements. Application forms and teacher recommendation forms are also available below.
• Download scholarship descriptions here.
• Download student scholarship application form here.
• Download music teacher recommendation form here.
YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION
Yearly awards up to $1000 in senior and junior divisions.
• Students 18 years and younger living within 100 driving miles of Fort Wayne.
• Performance of 10-minute memorized concerto movement.
For information regarding the Young Artist Competition, please contact Laura McCoy at email@example.com or 260.414.4509.