Each season the Fort Wayne Philharmonic joins the Conductors Guild to present an international conductor training workshop designed to provide young conductors - from across the United States and beyond - with instruction on the principles and techniques of the most celebrated conducting teacher of the twentieth century, Ilya Musin.
Over a legendary teaching career spanning 60 years, Ilya Musin's students included Vassily Sinaisky, Valery Gergiev, Ennio Nicotra, Yuri Temirkanov, Sian Edwards, Semyon Bychkov, Andrew Constantine, Konstantin Simeonov, Victor Fedotov, Martin Brabbins and many others.
The 2019-2020 installment will be held in January 2020 and will be led by Musin protégé and internationally renowned conducting teacher, Ennio Nicotra. Also featured is Fort Wayne Philharmonic Music Director Andrew Constantine.
The workshop schedule includes a combination of extensive orchestral rehearsal sessions with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic and with two pianos, plus individual lessons, and a concluding public performance.
2019-2020 CONDUCTORS WORKSHOP CONCERT
January 15, 2020 | 7:30 p.m. | Arts United Center
This year's Fort Wayne Philharmonic International Conductors Workshop will once again be led by Musin protégé and internationally renowned conducting teacher, Ennio Nicotra and features 8 promising young musical leaders and 8 legendary overtures. Sparkling, dramatic, majestic, and noble, this music covers a myriad of emotions, styles, and periods, promising to make this one of the most satisfying concerts of the season.
To see Maestro Musin in a master class, click here.
Presented in conjunction with the Ilya Musin Society and the Conductors Guild,
with major support from the Donald F. Wood and Darlene M. Richardson Foundation,
and Purdue University Fort Wayne.
For aspiring conductors:
- Chosen winner will be given an engagement on the Philharmonic's 2020-21 Chamber Orchestra Series.
- High level access to music professionals in Fort Wayne.
- Attend Masterworks rehearsals and concert of the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
- Two chosen participants will lead a conducting workshop at Purdue University Fort Wayne.
- Sessions with Philharmonic marketing, management, and artistic personnel about career advancement.
- For more information and sign up, please visit the Conductors Guild website.