August 4, 2021
FORT WAYNE PHILHARMONIC ANNOUNCES REMAINDER OF 2021-2022 SEASON
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS ON SALE AUGUST 20, 2021
Music Director Andrew Constantine and the Fort Wayne Philharmonic today announced the remainder of the Orchestra’s much-anticipated return to the stage for its 2021-2022 Season, marking 78 years serving audiences in Fort Wayne and all of Northeast Indiana. Additional concerts include the Family and Freimann Series, Holiday Specials, performances with Fort Wayne Ballet, and a new Sensory Friendly concert. Season Subscriptions are on sale now and individual tickets go on sale Friday, Aug. 20, 2021 at noon.
“The remainder of the 2021-2022 Season contains some of the most cherished and revered concert events the Philharmonic traditionally presents each year,” said music director Andrew Constantine. “When we speak of the Philharmonic’s role in education and engagement, these concerts and activities epitomize the institution’s massive reach and importance to generations of Hoosier citizens.”
Additional 2021-2022 Season Highlights:
FAMILY SERIES | The Family Series is a fun, educational way to introduce children to the joys of classical music. These concerts highlight the best orchestral music in combination with technology, dance, humor, and more.
- Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021 – Halloween Spooktacular – Family fun for all ages, costumes are encouraged, plus ghouls and goblins of all ages are welcome an hour before the concert for the Philharmonic Friends Instrument Playground.
- Saturday, Jan. 22, 2022 – Intergalactic Fantasy – Take “One Giant Leap” into outer space with the Philharmonic in a program of classical favorites and more, including Holst’s The Planets, 2001: A Space Odyssey, E.T, Star Trek, and Star Wars. Special pre-concert activities and mobile space exhibits will be provided by Science Central.
FREIMANN SERIES | The Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company Freimann Series offers audiences up close and personal chamber music classics. Experience highly intimate music-making at its best. Wednesday evening performances have moved back to the History Center in downtown Fort Wayne while Sunday performances remain at Rhinehart Music Center at PFW.
- Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021 and Sunday, Oct. 17, 2021 | All Beethoven
- Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2022 and Sunday, Feb. 13, 2022 | Debussy, Mozart, and Tchaikovsky
- Wednesday, Mar. 9, 2022 and Sunday, Mar. 13, 2022 | Ravel’s Quartet
- Wednesday, Apr. 27, 2022 and Sunday, May 1, 2022 | Brahms Quartet
HOLIDAY SPECIALS | Three holiday classics are being presented to thrill and delight local concert audiences and those who treasure legendary cinematic classics.
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021 | Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho will be screened with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic performing the score live to the film. This suspense packed film and psychological thriller, presented just before Halloween, is loosely based on real-life events and now considered one of Hitchcock's best and most famous works.
- Saturday, Nov. 13, 2021 | Home Alone tells the story of an eight-year-old troublemaker who must protect his house from a pair of burglars when he is accidentally left home alone by his family during Christmas vacation. Home Alone will be screened with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic performing John Williams’ masterfully crafted score, live to the movie. Celebrate love, nostalgia, and Christmas, all with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
- Thursday, Dec. 16, 2021 and Friday, Dec. 17, 2021 | Messiah by Candlelight is the Fort Wayne Philharmonic’s sold-out tradition, returning to the acoustically resonant sanctuary at First Wayne Street United Methodist Church for two performances. Experience the “Hallelujah” Chorus and other unforgettable Christmas favorites, set to the glow of the candlelit sanctuary. This concert is sponsored by WIRCO, INC.
BALLET COLLABORATION | For decades, the Fort Wayne Philharmonic has partnered with Indiana’s only full-time professional ballet company, Fort Wayne Ballet.
- Friday, Apr. 22, 2022, Saturday, Apr. 23, 2022, and Sunday, Apr. 24, 2022
Fort Wayne Ballet and the Philharmonic team up to bring to life Sleeping Beauty, one of the most beloved stories of all time. Tchaikovsky’s enchanting score and stunning choreography will make for an unforgettable artistic and visual experience.
NEW: SENSORY FRIENDLY CONCERT | Saturday, Apr. 2, 2022
This 30-minute sensory friendly program is designed specifically for children and adults with sensory issues and/or additional needs. The entire experience has been adapted so that children and adults of all abilities, along with their caregivers, may enjoy symphonic music in a safe and welcoming environment. The Philharmonic Friends Instrument Playground will be available one hour prior to the concert as well as after the concert. This concert is made possible by support from AWS Foundation. No intermission. Quiet space provided. Sign language interpreter on stage. Large print & braille programs available. Volunteers onsite to provide assistance.
NEW: BOX OFFICE HOURS AND LOCATION
The Philharmonic is now collaborating with Arts United to provide the best patron services possible. The ArtsTix Community Box Office will provide Philharmonic patrons one-stop shopping for tickets to events. The Box Office is now operated by Arts United in partnership with the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
The ArtsTix Community Box Office is located at 303 E. Main St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802. Standard hours are Monday through Friday, 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.; additional hours are available on Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. when a performance is scheduled. The Box Office opens one hour prior to performances at concert sites. Visit the Philharmonic website at fwphil.org or call 260.422.4226 for ticketing policies, accessibility information, and information about Student Tickets and free tickets for kids.
Single tickets for all announced concerts will go on sale Friday, August 20, 2021 at 12 noon.